Monday, September 16, 2013

Discount Paper Crafts Design Team Call - Altered Mixed Media Canvas


Hello my blogging friends!
Today I want to share a special project with you that I created for the
Discount Paper Crafts Design Team call. 

I absolutely love Cathie's store! She carries the latest and greatest products from top named brands such as Prima, Graphic 45, Tim Holtz, Petaloo and more! When I have the urge to shop (and trust me, that happens a lot LOL!) I jump over to Discount Paper Crafts first because Cathie stocks up on all the latest products, she ships super fast and I know I will get the best deal over at Cathie's store! ♥

Here is the altered mixed media canvas I created for the design team call using an array of products from my stash and from Cathie's store. The paper collection I used is Graphic 45's Secret Garden -- one of my all time favs!


I love creating a mixed media piece... there is something very soothing about it. And it's very liberating -- no straight lines, no fussing. Embrace the imperfection as Tim Holtz would say! ♥







Here is a video I put together to walk you through this mixed media canvas. I also share a product haul from Cathie's store, for a glimpse of the awesome product she has available!


Be sure to give Cathie a visit over at Discount Paper Crafts
and keep your fingers crossed for me please! ♥

Thanks for stopping by friends! Have an awesome week!

xoxo ♥,


Product List:
Graphic 45 Secret Garden
Prima Resin - Butterflies, Frames, Bird bath
Prima Junkyard Findings
Prima Engraver flowers
I am Roses flowers, sprays
Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays:
Salt Water Taffy, Cotton Candy Pink, Golden Sleigh Bells, Sea Grass Green, My Mojito Green, Gator Gumbo Olive, Dark Chocolate Truffle
Momenta metal corners
Graphic 45 Staples: Ornate Metal Keyhole, Ornate Metal Key
Tim Holtz Idology: Baubles, Plaque
May Arts ribbon
Doilies, lace
Misc embellishments
Gesso
Mod Podge
Liquitex Modeling paste
Prima and Crafter's Workshop stencils


9 comments:

Melinda said...

Arlene, this piece is just delicious! It is a perfect reflection of its creator, sweetie! I give all thumbs up!
Melinda
Winter Bear Trading

Sandie said...

This is such a beautiful and magical piece Arlene, stunning.

Astrid Maclean said...

Amazing Mixed Media canvas, incorporating so many wonderful bits and bobs!! Love it and fingers crossed for your DT application! (She would be silly not to choose you!!)

krcmasterpiece said...

your canvas turned out beautiful!! You do an amazing job on your pieces. You'll make a great addition to the design team-I'm routing for you!!

Carmen said...

The canvas is absolutely gorgeous. It's intelligent and whimsical and brilliant!!

Unknown said...

You managed to capture so much in this canvas!! The depth and colors, dimension and texture is just so pleasing to the eye, it couldn't get anymore AMAZING! I was inspired by your secret garden mini album cover months ago and I've finally found my niche thanks to you :) so much joy and relaxation in making these mixed media projects! Thank you so much for your inspiration to me, everyday :)

Unknown said...

Hi Arlene, Rachael Pancoast here, I have a question I'm hoping you can answer. I absolutely love this Etsy store you talked about here and want to place an order, but I can't find her actual shipping costs. I live in New Jersey, would you happen to know how much a small-item, maybe $40 order would be? Thanks for your time in advanced :) loving your blog!!

Unknown said...

Oh duh, just realized she posts the shipping costs at the bottom of the page :) oops!! Thanks anyway!

Arlene said...

Hi Rachael, I'm so so sorry for my slow reply! I was trying to figure out how to reply here on the blogger comments. hehe!!! I'm glad you found the shipping costs on Cathie's website (Click on Shipping & Policies). :-) xoxo

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS