Friday, February 15, 2013

Vintage Valentine's Day Tag


Just poppin' in to share a quick project with you all! I'm a bit late sharing this one, but it's been one of those months. I hope you were able to get to all your Valentine's day crafts this year! ❤

I created this Vintage Valentine's Day tag for my hubby using Graphic 45's Place in Time February Cut-Aparts. I also posted a video tutorial up on my YouTube channel. I thought I'd share some pictures here on my blog. If you're interested in the tutorial, I also plugged it in towards the end of this post. Here we go...

This is the front of my Vintage Valentine's Day tag... Lots of distress & metal!




I softened up the look with a "bouquet" of I Am Roses miniature roses and some 
May Art chiffon ribbon...








I finished off both sides of the tag. Here's the back...



Here's my video tutorial showing you step-by-step how I created this tag. Enjoy!


Here's a sketch if you are interested in putting one of these together yourself!


Have a craftilicious weekend! ❤


Products
Place in Time papers: February Cut-Aparts (8x8 and 12x12)
Regular Tag Album (1 tag)
Staples: Ornate Door Pull, Ornate Metal Key, Ornate Key Hole, Metal Hinge, Metal Clothespin, Stamped Metal brads, Chipboard buttons
White Doilies
I am Roses flowers
May Art ribbon
Gesso
Tombo Glue
Glossy Accents
3M dimensionals


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Magnifique, j'adore cette profusion d'embellissements.

MsJay said...

Luv it, just gorjus!it

Caroline said...

Adore the project but also... Check that sketch out?!! Off to YouTube. Thank you once again. Caroline :)

Scrumplescrunch said...

OMG Arlene
This Tag is magnificent, I don't know where to look first, I love all the layering the papers the elements, so much delicious texture, I rally do want to touch it, surely you are not going to give this away?
I am going to take a copy of the sketch as I would really like to make or attempt to make a similar piece, if I ever do it I will let you know.
Thank you , I love this very much.
Smiles:)
Sue

Marcy said...

This tag is so stunning! Such beautiful details and this paper is to die for! I love this and your vid was awesome too! :)

Gloria Stengel said...

Oh my word. That first tag is outstanding!

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS