Friday, May 25, 2012

La La Land Crafts Inspiration Friday - "All a Flutter!" & a video tutorial

Hey everyone and welcome to another Inspiration Friday with the La La Land Crafts design team! This week's theme is "All a Flutter - use butterflies"! Well hey... that's NO problem at all for me! LOL! The first thing I went to grab was the new Butterflies Set 1 Dies, new from La La Land Crafts!

The image I chose for today's project is the adorable and sweet little Travel Marci (with accessories). I just LOVE her little rolling suitcase and boots! I colored her up with my Copic Markers and paper pieced most of her clothing and accessories using Prima's Pixie Glen papers.


I used La La Land Craft's new Street Lamp die to accessorize the card....


Dont'cha just LOVE Marci's baaaaaa-ling earrings? LOL! I added some Crystazzi crystals to give additional pizzazz! to her outfit. ❤



Here's a close up look at the butterfly... I die cut it twice with the Prima paper, layered them on top of each other and added some Crystazzi crystals...



Copic Markers:

Skin: E000, E00, E21, E11, R20, BV00
Lips: R20, At You Spica Glitter Pen (Blossom)
Hair: E74, E77, E79
Shirt/Skirt/Purse/Boot trim: At You Spica Glitter Pen (Mint)
Luggage trim: At You Spica Glitter Pen (Sand)
All else is paper pieced using Prima's Pixie Glen papers.



I also created a fun video tutorial showing you how I color the skin and cheeks of the La La Land Crafts images (a request I've received a few times on my blog and YouTube channel.) Enjoy!


Thanks for stopping by my blog today to check out my latest project for LLLC. Be sure to stop on over at the La La Land Crafts blog to see what the other designers created today to help kick up the inspiration! Happy crafting! ❤


Products:
Prima Pixie Glen papers
Cheery Lynn Designs die - Sophia's Heart doily
White 4" paper doily from Owl & Thistle's Etsy
EK Success leaf punch
Martha Stewart butterflies punch
I am Roses flowers
Paper Trey Ink kraft cardstock
Versamagic White chalk ink
Crystazzi crystals

No comments:

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS