Monday, June 13, 2011

World's Best Father: LLLC Monday Inspiration Challenge


Hi everyone!

I'm here today with a project for La-La Land Crafts. As you may already know, I'm guest designing with La-La Land Crafts for June and July and I've been having a blast playing along with their super creative design team! I created this Father's day card for today's challenge -- which is to use a "touch" of red. Well... my red is a little burgundy, but I'm hoping that counts!  hehe! I kept the card on the down-low... well, you know... no flowers or bling, that sorta thing. It's a "man" card, so I had to restrain myself from popping on some bling. LOL! So instead, I grabbed some of the buttons in my stash.

Isn't this little guy just adorable?! I love his little fishing hat and khakis! I colored little Fisherman Luka using my Copic markers and the paper collection I used is called The Guy Stack by DCWV. It's the perfect stack of papers for making "man" cards. :-)





Color Medium: Copic Sketch Markers

Skin: E00, E21, E11, R20, BV00 (shadowing)
Hair: C9, C7, C5, C3
Eyes: E44
Hat/button up shirt/shorts: E44, E43, E41
Tshirt/stripe on hat/Shoes: BG72, BG70
Pail: C4, C1, C00
Fishing Pole: E27, E25, E23




Thanks for stopping by today and be sure to check out the La-La Land Crafts blog to see what the other designers have created for today's challenge!

hugs!
















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so CUTE!!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Oh! This is lovely, Arlene! I love the deep red that you have used... and your coloring is fab!

Mercy's Pages said...

I LOVE this card!! It is sooooo sweet :) Mercy

Trisha said...

Loving this to bits! Beautiful papers, coloring and that bow on the button-soooo cute! xox Trish:)

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS