Sunday, January 24, 2010

Tag Swap!

*** As of 1/25/10, the tag swap has been closed. Thank you so much for your interest and please check back for the March swap. I will be opening up March tag swap sign-ups at the end of Feb and take in all U.S. based scrappers who are interested in participating (no limit) -- I'll be splitting up the swappers in groups of 10 or so to make it manageable for everyone. So stay tuned!

If you are located Internationally (outside of the United States) and are interested in hosting a tag swap along side me for international swappers, please send me an email at bfkwithlove@gmail.com. Thanks everyone!! ***


Hi scrappers! :-)

I will be hosting a tag swap for the month of February and hope you join in on the fun!

I owe the encouragement to do this to Amy from "worker4ever123" (YouTube name.) Amy is such a sweetheart and she thought having a tag swap was an awesome idea, and I agree! Thank you Amy! :-) And thanks to Bona for walking me through my very first hosted swap! You truly are the bestest friend EVER! :-)

Here are the Tag swap details:

  • I will be selecting the first 9 people who send me a message on YouTube, or comment on this post
  • U.S. swappers only please
  • The first swap will be in February
  • February swap participants will be posted to my blog on January 30th
  • Once you sign up, you are responsible for following through with creating the tags and getting them shipped on time so they are received by the deadline. The worst feeling is sending out 10 tags and only getting back 5. :-( Please be fair to the other swappers and only sign up if you plan to follow through. :-)
  • Deadline to have your completed tags to me will be the end of the month. For February, the deadline will be Feb 27th since the 28th is a Sunday
How it works...
  • There will be 10 swappers total, which includes me
  • You will create 10 tags, all the same/identical
  • Follow the theme and/or challenge for the month (which will be posted to my blog)
  • Ship 9 of your tags to me, keep 1 for yourself
  • In your shipment, include a pre-addressed/pre-stamped envelope (include same amount of postage used to send me your tags, plus a little extra just in case we get some "heavy" tags). No paid meter-strips please! :-) I will ship back any postage not used.
  • Everyone's tags should be in my hands by the due date specified (we need to be fair to other swappers who are waiting for their share of tags)
  • Once I receive everyone's tags, I will mail 1 of each tag to each swap participant (so each swapper will get back 9 tags in the pre-stamped envelope they provided, one from each of the 9 other swappers) How cool is that to get an array of tags from so many other creative scrappers?! :-)
I will list further details on creating the tags when I post the participants to my blog on January 30th.

If you have any questions at all, please leave me a comment.

Can't wait to get started on this... it'll be super fun!!! :-)

hugs,
Arlene

22 comments:

KeeponScrappin said...

OMG!I'm the first to comment! Super exciting Ar! I can't wait to make my tags. Oooo and excited to find out the challenge. YAY!!!!!

Anonymous said...

its a great idea too bad is only in the USA , maybe you change your mind later on , i am in Montreal by the way ..... well looking forward to see what the ladies will create, thanks
Ajendi
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hi Arlene! I would love to join your tag swap! I hope I'll be one of the lucky 10! dayleclindow@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Sign me up please!!
Scrapbeach Twinsmom
Youtube TwinsMons
jcmyking@sbcglobal.net
Esmeralda
my google account password is not working :(

amylynne said...

Hi Arlene....love your videos and all your creations! I would love to be apart of the tag swap! Please count me in!
amylynn4031@aol.commy blog is www.amysscrappyspace.blogspot.com
Thanks!
Amy

Unknown said...

I would like to participate in the tag swap.... I have been watching your videos for a while and I would love to get in on this..Please count me in....
bassoonmom@bellsouth.net my blog is www.mickiscardsandcats.blogspot.com

Marisa said...

Hi Arlene! I would like to join! Awesome idea! :)

Lindababy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindababy said...

Hi Arlene to join one of your swaps would be an honor with all the talented ladies at youtube if there is room I would love to join

on youtube I'm lindababy_us
email lindababy_us@yahoo.com

KarenK said...

Oh I would love to be one of the swappers! KarenScraps

alexandra said...

Hi Arlene... not sure if its too late, but I would love to join in! my email address is macias.alexandra@gmail.com my blog is www.aleartesamor.blogspot.com I'm still updating it, I'm a new scrapper, but I would LOVE to get in on this. Please let me know if I can still join in.
Thanks,

Alexandra

janet lomajan said...

I hope you have room for me. I am a tag makein, destressin, stampin, fanatic. I've never done a swap and would love to particapate. Thanks, Janet

tracy said...

Hello arlene
Just saw you video and I may be too late but I would love to join your tag swap if there is room. my email is tracymccarty1@gmail.com Thanks so much.

Anonymous said...

I have been watching your videos for a while now and absolutely love your work and I would love to start making tags myself but my question is...what do you do with all of your tags that you keep for yourself? Thanks!!

craftymommieof3@yahoo.com

The Jule Box Studios said...

Wow, this is so cool! I want to be part of this but I can't DEC-A-TAG that fast.. maybe I can do this for February!! Is this ok, would you sign me up for February? ....oooohhhh I'm getting chills...yay!! Can't wait!

www.youtube.com/jannaviles

xoxo Jules :)

Barbara said...

Hi! I follow your tube videos and saw this today am. We just started a ning group for crafter/artists of all kinds. I posted your video, but now see you only have one group of 9 going. LMK if you want to expand. I have done lots of swapping and have some ideas to make it easier on you and fun for all who want to join.
Here is a link to our ning; http://artsyfolks.ning.com/
LMK ifyou want an invite or if anyone you know wants to be invited. You can also just send them over to join. Please add tuts, you videos are great resources!!
Barbara=Enchantedcropper

Anonymous said...

Would love to be a part of this!
Thanks!
Vangie

**CrEaTiNgWiThAlOhA** said...

would love to join if you still have space..
thank you
Liann

FncyFce said...

Arlene, saw your video on YouTube and left a comment there. I'd love to join your tag swap for Feb, but I'm probably too late. The link I have in my favorites for your blog, wasn't showing your most recent posts for some reason. Oh well, if there's room for me, let me know. I'm FncyFce on YouTube.

Maureen said...

If you decide to expand to another group (it doesn't have to include you!) let me know. I've not used Distressed Embossing powder before, so it would be fun!
mmathis1@austin.rr.com

Tfriday said...

Hey Arlene -
I know I'm too late to join your tag swap. If you open it up for others to join please think of me. I would love to join. Thanks, Friday

The Jule Box Studios said...

Wow...I'm so glad I get to be part of the Tag Swap!! Can't wait, can't wait, Can't wait...gotta get ready before that date!! (Get it? the rabbit song!) ok, well haha!!

Jules:)

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS