Monday, June 9, 2014

Challenge #9: Pocket Mini and Pop-up Card



Happy Monday everyone!

I was honored when Gloria invited me to guest design for her amazing challenge blog -- Craft Hoaders Anonymous. Challenge #9 is "Fold it"!

Use some sort of "fun fold" on your project. You can make a fun fold card, a pop-up card, an explosion box, or other type of project that makes use of folded cardstock or paper. You can share some folding techniques that are perfect for scrapbook layouts or mixed media pieces. Create a mini album with a folded binding. Fold some ribbon to make pleats. De-hoard those supplies and show us your folds....paper folds that is!


I created 2 projects for this challenge. First up is this Pocket Mini Album, featuring an accordion fold binding and Graphic 45's Mother Goose collection. Snap Guide included!







Check out How to Create a Pocket Mini With Accordion Binding by Arlene Butterflykisses on Snapguide.

Next up is this Pop-up card I created using Graphic 45's Staples Regular Tag and Botanical Tea collection.


A simple fold to the center of the tag creates a fun "platform" to add a dimensional design...


I used dimensionals to pop up some elements from the Botanical Tea collection. Super fun!


For more inspiration and to join the "Fold it!" challenge, visit Craft Hoaders Anonymous!

Thanks for joining me today!

xoxo ♥,


9 comments:

ScrapBliss ~ Yvonne M. said...

Always stunning my friend! I love it!

Lyneen said...

Love the tutorial for your AWESOME accordion book, great details. Your pop up tag book is darling... Both projects are great!

Glenda said...

I have become a huge fan over the last couple of years. Your projects today and both amazing. Thanks so much for the tutorial. We are so happy to have you as a guest designer at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Gloria Stengel said...

Both projects are adorable. I love the Botanical Tea one very much and may have to CASE that one! Thanks so much for being one of our guest designers at Craft Hoarders! I am so please to have you! I sure miss our times at Graphic 45!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Arlene, these projects are stunning! I've made the accordion fold mini before, but never with the neat cover, so thank you for the wonderful tutorial, and thanks for being our guest designer at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Words and Pictures said...

Two fabulous projects - a stunning mini, and I love the pop-up card. Great folding inspiration, thank you, and congrats on your guest spot.
Alison x

creative lady said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
creative lady said...

Hi Arlene! Nice projects! Each one fits the challenge perfect! Thanks so much for being a guest designer at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

vimax asli said...

Thanks for one's marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed
reading it, you are a great author.I will make sure to
bookmark your blog and will come back later in life.
I want to encourage that you continue your great work,
have a nice evening!

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS