Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Steampunk Spells Easel Card Box with Drawer, Tutorial & updates from me!



Hello blogger friends! Oh how I miss you all! Summertime is a super busy time for us all and just a little over a week ago, my family and I returned from an AMAZING adventure in the Philippines islands!

Here's a peek at some of my views during my 2 week stay there...

Panglao Island Resort and spa... view from the Infinity pool!

Chocolate Hills -- Logan with his finger on one of them. LOL!

Mayon volcano - One of the oldest and active ones, near my Dad's hometown.

A view of Boracay beach from above...

Boracay beach in the morning... love the powder sand beaches and blue waters!

Plantation Bay resort -- One of the 5 man-made salt water lagoons... This is steps from our hotel room...

The Beach at Plantation Bay -- Me and my boys!

It was very difficult to leave the Philippines, but after a little over 2 weeks of this, I was desperately missing my own bed! So that is my little vacation share for ya...

On to my project share for today!

One of my assignments for the Craft and Hobby Association convention in Las Vegas this summer was to create a card for the Graphic 45 booth using the new Steampunk Spells paper collection. I decided to change things up from the traditional A2 card and I created this Easel Card gift box with drawer!

Here are some photos to get you started...


The easel card itself is 5" x 5". I created the box drawer below using heavy weight chipboard and black Recollections cardstock (and LOTS of ScorTape!)



I love my Graphic 45 Metal Staples... Here you'll see I incorporated the Metal Drawer pull, Ornate Metal Key hole and Stamped Metal brads (all product links included below.)








The drawer is the perfect size to store candies, laces, jewelry or other little trinkets...



I created this video tutorial to walk you through the creation of this project, including how to build the drawer from scratch! Enjoy!


One last thing before I go! I want to give a shout out to Sharon for the new, custom design of my blog. I just LOVE the new look and Sharon was AMAZING to work with as we incorporated many custom elements that really speak "Arlene." Thank you so very much, Sharon!! Please check out her website here: http://www.plumroselane.com/ She has nearly every element (including a custom blog signature -- LOVE my new signature!) to make your blog your own! ♥

Have an amazing rest of the week and happy crafting! ♥


Product List:
Steampunk Spells: 6x6 papers, Chipboard, Stickers, Cardstock Banners
Staples: Ornate Metal Keyhole, Ornate Metal Keys, Stamped Metal Brads, Metal Tag, Ornate Metal Label Holder, Antique Metal Door Pull
Prima Metal findings (sprockets)
Petaloo flowers
May Art Ribbon
Metal Lion door knocker (Sky Blue Pink)
Scrapbook Adhesives 3D Foam Squares
Heavy Chipboard
Recollections Black Cardstock
Scor Tape
3M ATG Adhesive
Glossy Accents
E6000 glue
Hot glue

8 comments:

Sara said...

Demasiado bello!! yo quiero uno así.

famillemarleau said...

Gorgeous card. Love every details and I really enjoyed watching your tutorial. Johanne L.

Carol McCready said...

Gorgeous card. Thank you for the
tutorial. And your blog does look
wonderful.

Carlene said...

OMG Arlene, the Philipines looks soooo beautiful !!! The water is so clear. I'm putting it on my bucket list now. Thanks for posting photos!! XOX

Marcy said...

Wow Ar! Your pics are so beautiful and looks like you guys had an awesome trip! One of these days we can hopefully go to visit. Your easel card with drawer is gorgeous! I have that collection on order and can't wait to get it! :) Hugs, Marcy

Gitte said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandie said...

Loved watching your video, you make the box look so easy!! Just totally stunning .. and so much glorious detail.

Gitte said...

Wow beautiful Erasel-boks Thank you for the video. I have try to make one. :-)
http://gittescrap.blogspot.dk/2015/08/erasel-kort-med-skuffe.html

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS