Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Bird Song Pocket Album & tutorial


Hello my blogging friends! Hope you are having a great week so far. It's been quite a busy one for me, but that is typical for this time of year. Work is in full swing, and my kiddos start a new school year on Thursday. My eldest will be "movin' on up" to junior high, so it's a whole new world for him (and US as parents!) Wish us luck! hehe! We will also have a 4th grader and 1st grader this year. My boys are growing up so fast! It's no wonder I'm an avid scrapbooker/crafter, right?! I have to capture every moment in time in my projects. Hold those memories and most especially your children close to your hearts always. Hug them, kiss them and tell them you love them every day.  I forget that sometimes with my crazy, busy life... but I always remind myself why I do what I do no matter what it is... it's for my family. ♥

So on to today's post, I have a very special project to share with you. I had so much fun creating this Bird Song pocket mini book. I haven't pulled out my Bird Song paper collection in so long and I just absolutely LOVE this collection. The bold colors, images and design are just gorgeous. It's up there with my top favs from Graphic 45! This mini book is the perfect keepsake to store full size photos. And there is so much real estate, there's no need to hold back! ♥

Here are some photos of my Bird Song pocket mini album...







Here is a peek inside...









I created a video tutorial taking you through the creative process. I hope this inspires you to create a pocket mini book of your own! ♥


I want to thank Ginger at "mysistersscrapper" on YouTube for the wonderful book binding tutorial! ♥ Her video tutorials are fabulous, be sure to check her out! Hugs to you, Ginger!

Be sure to check out the Graphic 45 blog today where this project will also be featured! ♥

Thanks so much for stopping by today and allowing me to share my latest creation with you.

Have a wonderfully crafty week! ♥

xoxo,


Product List

Bird Song paper collection
Bird Song Chipboard
Bird Song 12x12 Stickers
Bird Song Alphabet Stickers
Staples: Metal Tag, Metal Button, Ornate Metal Key Hole, Ornate Metal Keys, Metal Butterfly, Ornate Metal Label Holder
Metal garden butterfly, metal butterfly charms from my stash
May Arts black lace
Petaloo Flowers
I Am Roses Flowers
Paper Studio Black Card stock
Recollections bling
Ranger Distress Ink - Black Soot
Stampin’ Up Punches: Ticket punch, Round Label punch
Scor Tape
Glossy Accents
3M ATG adhesive

15 comments:

Els Paesen said...

Gorgeous Mini Album Arleene! Just love it! ~Hugs, Els.

Anonymous said...

As always everything you do is flawless! Love this al um!

Ginger said...

Absolutely gorgeous Arlene! Your work is just stunning!! Big hugs to you too! Ginger

Martie Rollin said...

Loved seeing you work...always a joy to watch an artist create. Your comments and tips will make it easy for us to recreate this mini album for ourselves. I believe this binding system was originated by Laura Denison, herself a former G45 Design Team member. She named it "Stack the Deck." Did Ginger modify the binding system? In either case, this system does work quite well.

britgirl58 said...

Arlene - beautiful and truly inspiring work, as always. Thank you.

Alycia said...

Love it Arlene! Gorgeous project, as usual. :) Thanks for sharing the tutorial! We're all busy and I appreciate you taking the time to do that.

Mickie said...

Geez this it is so amazing to watch you put this together so beautifully. Thanks so much for showing. Love Graphic 45!

Sieglinde said...

Lovely! Thank you for sharing. I did have one question though, how did you attach the ribbon to the back of the album? Was it on the inside back between the covers or on the outside? Thank you!

Creations by Patti said...

OMG - I thought this was an older G45 Bird Song posts since the paper is being discontinued and all my friends are panicking. I absolutely love thismini - and thanky ou so much for thegreat video on how to make it. You're the BEST!!!! Missed you at CHA LV this year. Maybe in January '14?

Valia Katzaki said...

Great album! Thank you for the tutorial!

Helen said...

This is such a gorgeous mini. Thank you for sharing how you put it all together - I've added it to my 'must do' list. Helen

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, this is just stunning. I love it.

Moira xx

Helen said...

Arlene, just wanted to say my 'to do' list has now changed to 'have done' and it was such fun. I used papers from the Steampunk Spells collection and I really enjoyed constructing the album (which is now on my blog with credit to you). Thank you so much for sharing. Helen

Unknown said...

Every piece of memento definitely will always come alive in this super fab album. I especially love its unique Asian motif - can't wait to try this for storing photos of our trip vacation and Asian souvenirs. Thanks Arlene for such a creative idea.:)

jewels_rn said...

Absolutely beautiful. LOVE this tutorial! I'm subscribing to your YouTube channel right now!

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS