Monday, April 8, 2013

French Country "Mon Amie" Altered Matchbook Box & Mini Album + Tutorial!




Hey there, happy Monday! ❤

Today's blog post is featuring Graphic 45's French Country collection and Small Matchbook box. I decided to create a little keepsake from Winter CHA 2012, so I added a little mini album inside (created by hand.)

The French Country papers are simply beautiful. When you have the chipboard pieces, stickers, and coordinating card stock embellishments, it really does make creating so easy! On the face of my box, I used coordinating chipboard and Metal Staples...




The Ornate Metal Label Holder is fun to work with. I used a sentiment from the French Country 12x12 sticker sheet inside the holder...





When you pull out the little drawer...


... out pops a mini album!


The mini is the perfect size for wallet-sized photos. For measurements, see the video tutorial included below...


I used the spring from the Metal Clothespin to hang a key from the mini album binding...



The coordinating card stock pockets & tags really made it easy to pull this mini album together...




Because the mini album needs to fit flush in the drawer, I couldn't get too dimensional with the embellishments. I used the small petals from the French Country flowers set to keep the pages flat.






Here is a video tutorial I put together to walk you through the creation process:



Thanks so much for stopping by to check out my latest Graphic 45 project!
I hope you give one of these altered matchbook boxes a try! ♥

Have a great week ahead!

xoxo ♥,

Products:

French Country: 8x8 pad, 6x6 Patterns & Solids pack, Chipboard #1 & #2, Stickers, Card stock Banners
Staples: Metal Tag, Ornate Metal Key hole, Metal Clothespin, Stamped Metal Brads, Ornate Metal Label Holder, Chipboard buttons
Lindy's Stamp Gang Color Shot: Dark Chocolate Truffle
Ranger Distress Ink: Walnut Stain
Paper Trey Ink black card stock
Co'ordinations black/red card stock
MFT Die namics Mini Doily Circles
May Arts ribbon
Recollections flowers
Prima flowers
I Am Roses flowers
Metal key & flower 
Gold stamen


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning.
Chris x

Monica said...

This is a wonderful way to remember some great times.

Gloria Stengel said...

This is amazing! I am in love! hee hee

Bobbie Lynn said...

Great tutorial Arlene, like always. Your memory box and mini box came out beautiful. I have a match box that my lavender soap came in and have been wanting to do something with it. Thanks for sharing.
Have a great day.

Nichola said...

Such a divine project. Really and truly stunning :)

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS