Monday, February 4, 2013

Masculine Birthday card using Graphic 45 Kraft Reflections


Hi everyone and happy Monday!

I have a special card to share with you today. I created this for my husband's birthday. I love Graphic 45's Kraft Reflections paper collection. It's the perfect set to pull-off some masculine projects and I love the look of black and Kraft. The paper collection also includes cut-outs that you can use to accent your projects. I cut out a number of elements from the paper collection and layered them on this card. Behind the elements is a black doily I purchased on Etsy, giving the card the perfect touch of black, but keeping it very masculine. Here are some photos...


I incorporated some May Arts ribbon and Want 2 Scrap bling...


You will also notice some of the Graphic 45 Staples: Metal Tag and Metal Hinges.


I always finish off the inside of my cards. This one was no exception! I cut out the playing cards from the Quote... Unquote paper and popped them up on dimensionals. The "Happy Birthday" sentiment was taken from an MFT stamp set.



"You're the King" is taken from another MFT stamp set. I popped the sentiment up on dimenationals and adhered it to the small metal tag. Then I chose to hang it like a charm on the ribbon using a garment pin. Perfect little accent!


Here's a look at the card at a different angle...



For additional details about this card, as well as a product list, please visit the Graphic 45 blog where this project will be featured today!

Thanks for stopping by and have an AMAZING week!

xoxo ♥,




8 comments:

JustaFewDesigns said...

WOW! this is such a unique card. I alway have such problems doing NON girly cards...you rock!
hope your doing well...
xoxo
Elsa

Margaret Mifsud said...

What a fabulous card. I love G 45's Kraft collection. It is perfect for male cards and you've used it to perfection. Thank you Arlene for the inspiration. ox Marg

ShanaM said...

That is awesome. I really like it!!

Anonymous said...

Very Nice, my englisch is not so good, but the card is beatifull.lg marion

Grenouille Greetings said...

I absolutely love this make. It's stunning in every detail! Hugs, Lesley

plastic card printing said...

Great Birthday card! I'm entering for the embossing challenge.

Carol Salisbury said...

Oh, I love this card! So many yummy layers! That paper is great, perfect for a masculine card! Now I have to go shopping!
Love what you did to the inside as well!

Gitte said...

Beautiful card.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS