Monday, August 20, 2012

"The Boys" - An ABC Primer 12x12 Scrapbook Page

Well hello again friends! I'm here today with another Graphic 45 project, but this time the theme is "back to school"!

My kids just started school last week and it was, to say the least, the most hectic time EVER! My youngest son started kindergarten and my other two started 3rd and 6th grades. Time flies by SO fast and the kids grow-up even faster... it's hard to keep up! So for me, it's great to capture some of the best memories of the kids when I craft, whether it be in a mini album, scrapbook page or other form of altered art.

For my project today, I created a 12x12 scrapbook page using Graphic 45's An ABC Primer. I captured this photo of all 3 of my boys and just loved their smiles! The details of this project, including more photos and product list are available over at the Graphic 45 blog.

First a peek at my scrapbook page, a video and page prep tutorial...





Here's a tutorial on how to prep your scrapbook page!

An ABC Primer
12x12 Scrapbook Page
Step-by-step page prep tutorial
by
Arlene

1. Use a punch to decorate the edges of your page to add some interest.

2. Ink the edges of your pages with a color that coordinates with the paper collection.

3. Ink the edges of all paper layers. This finishes the edges & eliminates any white.

4. Use ScorTape or Redline tape to adhere the paper to black medium weight chipboard

5. A paper trimmer cuts straight edges for photos and images from the design papers.

6. Layer your photo onto design paper and cardstock. Use ScorTape or Redline tape.

7. Finish off all the paper edges with ink.

8. Use small strips of ribbon to layer around your photo.

9. Layer some Graphic 45 Staples to your project.

10. Create a border using a 1” circle punch and design paper

11. Keep layering!

12. Spray laser cut with Lindy’s Stamp Gang Starburst spray in Golden Lump’O Coal.

13. Sprinkle black fine embossing powder while laser cut is still wet.

14. Heat set with a heat gun.

15. Viola! Black with gold peeking through!

16. The perfect sentiment for the page!

More to see over at the Graphic 45 blog now! See ya over there! ❤ xoxo!

hugs!! ❤


3 comments:

Katy said...

Such a cool project, love the punch detail around the edge. xx

Sandra said...

Gorgeous Lay Out!
When I grow up I want to be just as good as you are with making LO´s!
;)

Have a great weekend!

SandraD

Anonymous said...

Arlene
Thanks for your shaing your layout of your boys. I used it to make a shadow box of me and my mom. She passed away in December.
I love the way it came out. Used a lot ofthe layering of paper. You have a good eye for design and paper. Thanks for sharing.

Lydia
Ohio

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS