Sunday, August 5, 2012

8x8 "Moments" Scrapbook Layout

Happy Sunday blogger friends! I'm here today with a project for I Am Roses!

My youngest son Logan is about to wrap up 4 years of pre-school. It's such a bitter sweet moment for us -- we are so proud of him! But OMG, my baby is all grown up! Logan starts kindergarten in 2 short weeks, and I just KNOW I'll be balling like crazy when I drop him off on his first day of school!

Logan started at our local daycare/pre-school when he was merely 8 months old... he was the VERY first infant enrolled in the brand new school. His first teacher Trish was almost like his own personal nanny! He was the only infant for the first 3 months until enrollment ramped up in our new neighborhood (this school is SO AMAZING, the wait-list to enroll today is insane!) Anyhow, Ms. Cindy was the "get set" teacher when we enrolled Logan, so any-time there was early drop off, she was there. She was also there for my son Dylan who attended the school for 1 year before starting kindergarten. Ms. Cindy means the WORLD to us... she is just an amazing person and such a WONDERFUL teacher in every way! We so appreciate her and will miss her dearly!

I created this 8x8 scrapbook layout to give to Cindy as a gift so she can remember Logan for years to come. I used Prima's Almanac paper collection and my all time favorite I Am Roses flowers... Be sure to check out my video link below so you can see how this layout came to life!

Here are some pics...




The R60's and R40's are two of my favorite large sized roses by I Am Roses. I prefer to purchase mine in white so I can use my Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays to color them to match my projects... but I Am Roses offers these flowers in a variety of colors for those who are looking for ready to use product.




Click HERE to watch my video tutorial
for this scrapbook layout.
Thanks for stopping by and letting me share this special project with you. Be sure to visit I Am Roses for your mulberry paper flower crafting needs! ❤

Have an amazingly crafty week ahead!

hugs!



Product list:
Prima Almanac Papers and coordinating embellishments
Recollections pearl bling
Square 8x8, Round 7" and Round 5" doilies from Owl & Thistle on Etsy
Black medium weigh chipboad (joann.com)
Flower lace trim
Beige flower pearl trim from KARLAS001

1 comment:

Katy said...

Beautiful project! What a great keepsake! I'm sure she will treasure it :) great idea to use the sprays to colour the white flowers, i will have to try that! xx

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS