Tuesday, October 18, 2011

"A Christmas to Remember" card, some news and Stamper's Dream Blog Hop

Hi everyone and welcome to Stampers Dream's very last (*wiping my tears as I write this*) blog hop! If you haven't heard the sad news about the closing of Stamper's Dream, please click on over to Michelle's blog for details and for information about the store's liquidation sale.

It has been such an AMAZING honor being a member of Michelle's Dream Team! But, I am excited for Michelle as she steps into the next journey of her life. Love you Michelle! Thank you so much for everything you do!

That said, don't you go anywhere just yet... because we have a full line-up of designers and friends ready to share some fun projects with you on today's blog hop!

I created this card using JustRite's Christmas Trimmings Cling Mount stamp set and BoBunny's Father Christmas paper collection. I stamped the wreath with Momento Tuxedo black ink, colored it up using my copic markers and used my circles Nesties to cut it out. I stamped the bow and colored it up as well, but I fussy cut it and added some dimensionals & a Recollections half-back pearl to make it pop off the page a little. The pearl bling is by Recollections and the trim is by Prima. The gorgeous "sugared" flower is also by Prima. The larger layers on the card were cut using Donna Salazar's Creative Book Pages Grande Die by Spellbinders. I love how versatile this die set is... not only are they awesome for creating mini albums, but you can also use the various dies that come in the set to make cards!

Here are some pics...






Here is the blog line up for today:

Michelle Rodgers
Becca Feeken
Tosha Leyendekker
Denise Marzec
Laurie Schmidlin
Carolyn King
Amy Sheffer
Arlene Cuevas (<--- that's Me!)
Teresa Kline
Jessica Diedrich
Mariana Grigsby
Lea Lawson
Jo Thompson

Thanks so much for stopping by and I wish you all a wonderful week! Happy hopping and happy shopping!

hugs! ❤

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Arlene, you are simply the most awesome!!! Love your card, but I love YOU more! Thank you, my sweet friend! ♥♥♥

Auntie Em said...

Very Christmasy and pretty. The roses and trim are lovely.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Carolyn King said...

Beautiful inside and out!

Judy said...

This card is beautiful Arlene...
Judy

Sandra said...

Beautiful card
Sandra x

Cindy@ Scrap-obsessed.blogspot.com said...

Very pretty. I guess I should start on my Christmas cards. Where has the time gone?

DooDuhh said...

Hi Arlene!!! Thank you for sharing your creation!!! It's fabulous!!! A unique color combo that works!!!
Loves & Hugs

Denise Marzec said...

Awesome layout and I love the pearls around the corners of that die-cut panel.

miatagal said...

Awesome card, Arlene! The designer paper goes perfectly with the colors you chose for the stamp. You have a great eye for colour.

Jo said...

i'm so ready for christmas! great card Ar!

bernshwag said...

Gorgeous card Ar, love that sugary rose!

Hugs,
Candi

Amy Sheffer said...

Beautiful Arlene! Love how you used those Creative Book Pages dies!

laceyrane said...

As usual Arlene this is beautiful!! I am sorry this is the last SD blog hop. Thank you for Sharing this pretty card with us.
Lacey

laceyrane said...

As usual Arlene this is beautiful!! I am sorry this is the last SD blog hop. Thank you for Sharing this pretty card with us.
Lacey

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS