Friday, August 19, 2011

Fab Friend

Hey everyone and TGIF! Wow, what a crazy week it's been! Not only did my kids start school this week.... add soccer, Tae Kwon Do, homework and a full time job in the mix... and you got ME --- > the crazy busy Arlene. LOL!! But I'm sure many of you that have children can relate to the craziness our children's schedules can bring to our lives... BUT, I wouldn't trade it for the world! I have the best kids ever and I would go to the ends of the earth for each of them. ❤

So onto my Stampers Dream project for this week! I decided to bust out with some oldies but goodies... my Tim Holtz Baroque Alterations die and the forever wonderful Sewing Room Alterations die. I used the new My Minds Eye "A Happy Heart" papers and the sentiment is from the JustRite Forever Friends cling stamp set.

Here are some pics:


The large red rose is a Kaisercraft Paper Bloom that I sprayed with my Lindy Stamp Gang Rudolph's Nose Red Starburst Stain. The small rose buds are from my stash. I created a stick pin using findings from my craft supply and I added a button from the Toy Box collection by Crate Paper. I love the Maya Road Wood Mini spool that I added to the bunch -- it's so cute!!

The bling is by Recollections, but the metal bling layered on top of the sheer brown pleated Maya Road trim is by Webster's Pages.



I die cut the dressform in medium weight chipboard, then colored it up with Ranger Distress Stain in Fired Brick. I edged it in Distress Stain in Vintage Photo. I stamped one of the images from the Habadashery cling stamp set by Tim Holtz. I used some May Arts trim (currently out of stock) around the dressform's hips for her skirt. I added an mulberry rose from my stash. All the edges are finished off by edging them with Ranger Distress Ink in Walnut Stain.


I enjoyed sharing my project with you today. Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you have an amazingly sweet & crafty weekend!

hugs! ❤

7 comments:

ScrapBliss ~ Yvonne M. said...

Simple, beautiful,and elegant... I love it! Hugs, Yvonne

Inge Groot said...

Absolutely stunning Arlene, I love how you've created the little skirt!

Anonymous said...

Love it! Love your blog! :)

AtStudioD said...

I absolutely love this card and the colors. You are amazing. Sorry we make you so busy, but girl, you can't not share your skills with us!! LOL.

x0, Damaris

bernshwag said...

Gorgeous, I love it all! Isn't the start of school a bummer? always so stinkin hectic, oh and the arguments over homework especially in H.S.. Just wait girl you'll see what I mean...LOL

Hugs,
Candi

Adrienne said...

Absolutly stunning this is a wonderful gift for a friend on it's own.Love your work

Jessie/knightrone said...

That ribbon on the dress form is GORGEOUS!...it is ribbon, right? lol! STUNNING!!

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS