Monday, June 6, 2011

Marci with Flower card and some GREAT news!

Hi everyone! Here's a cute little card I made using LaLa Land Craft's new Marci with Flower rubber cling stamp, available soon at Stamper's Dream! I colored her up using my Copic markers and At You Spica Glitter pens. Is she not the cutest?!


I decided to make a garden for little Marci! The paper collection is Graphic 45's Once Upon a Springtime. I used some miniature wooden fencing I found at Joann's awhile back and used a crackle technique to make it look aged (1 layer of brown acrylic paint, 1 layer of Crackle medium, then 1 layer of white acrylic paint.) All the flowers and sprays are from my I Am Roses flower stash. The doily was die-cut using MFT's High Tea Doily. The flourish is by Sizzix. I hand crinkled some seam binding and added a Bazzil Bling button to the center.



Here's a close up...

Color Medium: Copic Sketch Markers, At You Spica Glitter Pen

Skin: E000, E00 E11, E21, R20 (blush), BV00 (hard shadows)
Eyes: B93
Hair: E71, E74, E79
Hair ties: YG61, At You Spica Glitter Pen "Olive"
Blouse/Shoes: YG61, YG63, At You Spica Glitter Pen "Olive"
Capris: B93, B95, B97
Flower: R11, R12, Y15, YG13, YG17
Soil: E59
Flower Pot: E15, E17, E19


I'm also SUPER excited to announce that Irina Blount, owner for La-La Land Crafts, has invited me to play along with her talented and AWESOME design team for the months of June and July! I'm so over the moon about this and am so humbled! I've always loved La-La Land Crafts stamps/images, so to be able to showcase them with Irina's DT is truly an honor. Be sure to check back here on my blog, or follow me on Facebook for my projects! Thanks Irina and LLLC! :-)


Thanks for stopping by today, and have a spectacular week!


hugs ♡



12 comments:

Inge Groot said...

Jippieee congrats Arlene! Your card looks so yummie with all those flowers and the adorable Marci is perfectly colored:-D

Views From My Scraproom... said...

Arlene,
Your card looks fantastic! Love how you put her together.

TERIBERI'S CREATIONS said...

Hi Ar!!! Your card is beautiful - LOVE those colors. I wish I could color hair like that....it's so natural looking. I need to get back to coloring so I can practice LOL WOOT WOOT for being chosen to design for La-La Land Crafts - your work ROCKS girlie!! Big hugs, T

gobeagirl said...

Sweet card Arlene. I love the aged fence. Congrats on being asked to be on the DT. I know you will rock it! Hugs, Lisa G

Bobbie Lynn said...

What an adorable garden girl card.

Jo said...

she is adorable. congrats!

Leonie Castro said...

I love this card, I have always loved garden theme and this is just up my alley! Thanks for sharing your work it's always inspiring!
hugs,
Leonie
I took Karla shopping for all her trims and flowers on her etsy. She's doing great isn't she?! God bless,
Leonie

Joanna Wiśniewska said...

Beautiful card :)

bluucaca said...

Love your copic coloring you always have such nice cards. Love the image you r convining me to go get some. LOl

bernshwag said...

Gorgeous card Arlene, your coloring is picture perfect as usual! Congrats on The LaLa land DT position you are a true asset...I just don't know how you do it girl? So many totally awesome projects do you ever sleep? LMBO

Great big hugs,
Candi

moejoetreasures said...

Hi Arlene !
Boy your talent, has no limits !!!! Congratulations, dear !
As ever, Moe

Erin Smetak said...

Congratulations! And the coloring on that little girl is simply amazing! You have a way w/ Copics!

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS