The beautiful and creatively talented Elsa over at Just A Few Designs awarded me this wonderful Stylish Blogger Award. Thanks Elsa! I first discovered Elsa through one of Bona's videos. Those who know Elsa know that she is SUPER creative, comes up with "THE" cutest and coolest ways to create mini books... and her lovely daughter is her trusty videographer, and sweet critic, on her YouTube vids hehe! Check out Elsa's YouTube channel HERE.
So part of receiving this award is telling you all a little bit about me. :-) Here are 8 things about me that you may not already know:
1.) I was born and raised in the Bay Area in California and now live in Northern California, 1 hour away from Lake Tahoe.
2.) I have 2 brothers, one older, one younger (always WISHED for a sister growing up as a child) and I also have a husband and 3 boys (I also wished for a daughter someday, but gave up after having 3 boys!) Get the theme here?! YES, I've been the only girl ALL MY LIFE!! It's okay... I'm the queen of my house. hehe!! :-)
3.) I love butterflies. hahaha... okay, no fair, everyone knows that. LOL! Okay, how's this... I'm a Scorpio and so is my husband. Need I say more? :-)
4.) My favorite color is BROWN. But I'm really lovin' the brown and vintage pink combo lately. :-)
5.) I cannot live without coffee... My Fav "brew-at-home" Starbucks grinds is Cafe Estima. At the barista, make me a grande, non-fat, no-foam, upside down, sugar-free caramel machiatto. But I still like the caramel sauce... so much for sugar free right?!
6.) In high school, I was in the colorguard with Bona my sophomore year. I was in the Lettergirl squad my Junior year, and was captain of the Lettergirl squad my Senior year. Go Sixers!!! :-)
7.) I met my husband through one of my best friends. The funny thing is my best friend and I have known each other since 1987 and he has known my husband since 1990, but my husband and I didn't meet through my best friend until 1994 -- come on Gil, why were you holding out?! LOL! My husband and I were married in 2000 at Memorial Church on the Stanford University campus. I was 28 (do the math LOL!) At age 18, I stepped foot in Memorial church for the first time and I told my Mom that I would be married there someday. Dreams do come true! :-)
8.) I'm forever grateful for the gift of creating, but also for the many lifetime friends I have made through Blogger, YouTube, Facebook, etc. I love each and every one of you! :-)
Now I have to choose 8 ladies to pass this award on to... here is who I choose and why:
- Jody Morrow - Because she is the most creative and gracious coordinator of MFT, one of my homes away from home! She knows how to ROCK the sticky stuff and I just love the gal. hehe!
- Christina Thomas - Because she is ever so talented and is one of the VERY first ladies I subbed to on YouTube over 2 years ago now!
- Rina (Scrapstress) - Because she's my HOMIE and I luv the gal! 'Nough said. :-)
- Jo (Paperdrama) - Because she's my super creative LSG DT homie and I have known her since our pre-YouTube days when Blogger was all there was. :-)
- Leslie (Scraps of Mine) - Because she is one of THE most sweetest and talented ladies I have ever met on YouTube and I'm happy to call her "friend"!
- Teri (TERIBERI2) - Because she is sincere, sweet and I miss her TERRIBLY on YouTube, but know she's still out there in Blogger world to share her creativity - LOVE YA Teri!
- Rose (RoseS915) - Because she is one of the most talented and inspiring gals I met on YouTube and her videos NEVER disappoint! :-)
- Paula (JournalArtista) - Because she is THE inspiration that got me to start Art Journaling, which I absolutely LOVE and need to get to more often. Paula is uber talented!
If I awarded you, create a blog post and tell us 8 things about you. Then award 8 friends the Stylish Blogger Award. :-)
Thanks for stopping by!