Tuesday, January 25, 2011

MFT: Wednesday Stamp Club #4




Hey there everyone! It's time to get sketchy with MFT's Wednesday Stamp Club! This is my very first time participating in the WSC sketch challenge since I became an official design team member and I'm having a BLAST! Won't you join us?? :-)

Here's some 411 on the WSC Getting Sketchy challenge:

A new sketch will be posted each Wednesday at midnight on the MFT blog. You'll also find the sketch in the MFT forum on SCS on Wednesday morning, as well as in the weekly newsletter. Our talented Challenge and Design Teams will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.

We encourage you all to play along, and to enter your card in the weekly draw for a $15 gift voucher to the MFT Boutique. Simply follow the sketch and create a card or other paper creation. You may use any stamps and supplies that you wish. Each week, a keyword is assigned to the sketch. All you need to do to enter, is upload your card to the gallery at SCS, and enter the given keyword in the keyword box, during the upload process. After the deadline, we randomly choose a winner from that week's entries and the winner will receive a $15 gift voucher. If the winning card uses MFT stamps, the participant will earn a $5 bonus, for a total of a $20 gift voucher! That is up to $100 per month in prizes, JUST for playing along!

Upload your card or paper project to SplitcoastStampers with keyword MFTWSC4.

Now onto my project.... :-)

I created this card using MFT's Pure Innocence: Box of Love stamp set. How adorable is she you guys? I had so much fun coloring her up with my Copic markers, I created a vid HERE so I could share with you. :-) I paper pieced her using K&Co's Portabello paper collection, fussy cut her out and layered her atop a Dainty Lace Doily, cut out using MFT's Hot Fudge cardstock (which is also the base of my card.) I popped up a little heart that I cut out using the Hearts a-plenty Die-namics.

(front)

(inside)

(close-up)

So what do you think of my stitching? You think I'm getting better at it? I'm such a virgin when it comes to using my sewing machine. LOL!! I'd like to think I'm getting somewhat better at it. hehe!!

Inside the card I used the the Polka Dot Greetings die and the Textile Rectangle die. And dontcha just {{ heart }} that sentiment?! A friend with chocolate is a friend indeed eh?! :-)

Anywhooo... be sure to check out Kim's blog to see more WSC goodness the design team has ready to share with you today!

Thanks for peeping by! :-)





12 comments:

Eva said...

This is sooo gorgeous...love your coloring of the chocolates and your paper choices!

StampOwl said...

super cute

butterflyamanda said...

beautiful card!!! love the colours and the sentiment is so right tfs huggs Amanda

joy said...

Cute little girl. Love the colors.

Anonymous said...

Arlene!! You rocked this one!

Jodi Collins said...

This is GORGEOUS Arlene! STUNNING coloring on this cutie!

Amy Rohl said...

Her hair is just perfect, and I love these colors!

Barbara said...

Adorable, Arlene! I love those colors!

Karen Motz said...

Totally SWEET!!! Love how you cut everything out and popped it on the circle!!!

Yoshiras time to craft said...

such a cute card.love the dolie it makes the image pop so cute.love you coloring.i want to buy some but i am looking for a good price on them.

acinorev_42981@gmail.com said...

Great designs!, Keep it up, it helped a lot.

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is fabulous!!

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS