Hey everyone! Here's another holiday project coming your way... this is what I call a Chistmas "Ornament" card. hehe! Super fun idea to send good cheer AND a gift in one envelope! :-)
I used the Sizzix "Ornament Ball" Bigz die to cut out the ornaments using medium weight chipboard. I embossed them using Sizzix holiday themed texture plates, then painted them with gold acrylic paint, sanded it, rubbed Distress Fired Brick Red ink on it, sprayed it with Lindy Stamp Gang's Starburst Spray in Golden Sleigh Bells, then heat set. Whew! May seem like a lot of steps, but OMG what an outcome! It looks amazing! I learned this technique from Mr. Tim Holtz himself (via his "Compendium of Curiosities" book of course! And maybe through a few of his older YouTube vids hehe!) Anywho, be sure to check out the YouTube vid HERE for more details on how I created this super fun card. Product list is included at the bottom of this post. :-)
Thanks for stopping by everyone and Happy Holidays! :-)
- Sizzix "Ornament Ball" Bigz die & holiday texture plates
- Lindy Stamp Gang Starburst stains in "Golden Sleighbells", "Poinsettia Red Gold", "Desert Moon Cactus Gold" and "Cathedral Pines Green"
- Gold acrylic paint
- Ranger Distress Ink in "Fired Brick Red"
- Tim Holtz sanding block
- Sentiments from "The Homemade Christmas" stack by DCWV
- Poinsettias from iamroses.com
- Leaves from Prima
- Stamp sentiment from Crafty Secrets