Thursday, July 16, 2009

A card for Ms. Danielle

Logan's teacher is leaving to take on a new position at a children's dental office in Roseville, CA. Logan (and Mommy!) couldn't be more sad. Ms. Danielle is soooooooo great with the children and she is so super sweet. On the day we got the news that she was leaving, she slipped me her number and said, "if you ever need back-up care, call me!" Oh my gosh, what a sweetheart she is. We are so, so sad that she is leaving. But her and her husband bought a new home in Roseville and will be starting a family of their own... awe!! :-) Anywho... Ms. Danielle's last day is tomorrow (boo hoo hoo!!!!!) And I thought it would be appropriate to make her a custom card with some cute little photos to remember Logan by. The card is inspired by a video from Angie Juda (aka ChicNScratch) but I used my own dimensions and embellishments. You can watch her vid here. You'll see my Stampin Up! style come out with this project! No Tim Holtz or 7 Gypsies here! hehehe! :-) I used the Sweet Slumber designer paper collection by Stampin Up! and Baja Breeze cardstock. The white Kaiser paper flowers on the cover are stamped with SU! inks in Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red and Summer Sun. The frame is inked in Baja Breeze, then embossed with clear embossing powder for dimension and shine.

In the insert of the card it says:

Things I love about Ms. Danielle...
  • when you greet me in the morning with a big lovable bear hug!
  • when you smile at me when I'm being silly!
  • when you give me big kisses when I have an owee!
  • when you read to me and sing with me and we have so much fun!
  • when you tell me "I love you"
I will miss you TONS Ms. Danielle! Love, Logan

No comments:

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS