Thursday, December 13, 2012

Graphic 45's December Gift Guide: Shadow Box Lay-out Tutorial

Hi everyone! Hope you are enjoying the holiday season with the crisp winter air, and smell of fresh hot cocoa and peppermint. I just love this time of year!

In today's Graphic 45 newsletter, I'm happy to be hosting a project tutorial for the December Gift Guide series. I will be sharing a 12x12 altered Shadow Box Layout with you. A perfect custom gift for a loved one to scrap a photo of their choice. I created something similar for my Mom last Christmas and she was speechless... she loved it! I decided to create another one for her this year. This time, she can insert a favorite photo of her grandchildren (my kiddos) playing in the snow. We take at least 2-3 snow trips every Winter, so we're bound to have some great photos for her to choose from! hehe!

Anyhow, without further adieu... let me share some photos of my project with you... towards the end of this post, I will have the video tutorial that will take you on a journey to creating one of these altered shadow boxes for yourself! I will also have the product list included below.












Here's a close up of the "tray" where I have my layout...



A favorite photo can be easily adhered down onto the photo mat...



For additional details about this project, be sure to check your IN box for the latest Graphic 45 newsletter! If you are currently not subscribed to the Graphic 45 newsletter, you can subscribe HERE.
If you did not receive the latest edition of the Graphic 45 newsletter, you can also check out this project on the Graphic 45 Facebook page at www.facebook.com/graphic45.

 But before you go, here is the video tutorial that shows you how to create an altered shadow box and layout of your own! A perfect gift this holiday for someone you love!




Thanks for joining me today and I hope you have an AMAZING, crafty weekend all!

xoxo,



Product List:

Place in Time: January Foundation, January Cut-Aparts, Sentiments, 12x12 stickers
Little Darlings: Bundle of Joy, Baby Borders
A Ladies' Diary: Alphabet Stickers
Staples: 12x12 Matchbook Box, Ornate Metal Keys, Ornate Metail Label holder, Antique Door Pull, Stamped Metal Brads, Metal Buttons
Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Spray: Twinkling Tinsel
My Favorite Things Die-namics: Poinsettia, Snow Flakes
Cheery Lynn Designs: Fanciful Flourish
I Am Roses crochet flowers
Want2Scrap Pearl flourishes
Crystazzi Crystals
Making Memories cotton scallop lace
Pearl trim
Momenta Metal corners
5" French Doilies (Owl & Thistle)
Martha Stewart antique frame mold
White Crafter's clay
White Acrylic paint
Glossy Accents
ScorTape
3M ATG adhesive
Hot glue


No comments:

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS