Sunday, February 26, 2012

Altered "J" for a friend

Hi everyone!!

I have another fun project to share with you guys! I created this altered J using one of those paper mache letters from Joann's and Graphic 45's Le Romantique paper collection. I had so much fun creating this and can't wait for my special friend to get her hands on it! She loves butterflies as much as I do, so the Le Romantique paper collection was just PERFECT! I hope she loves it! ❤

Here are some pics...



First, I applied 1 coat of gesso to prep the surface of the paper mache "J." Then I used some Folk Art Metallic paint in the "champagne" color and added a layer over the gesso. It created a very pretty sparkly surface! I traced the J onto the Le Romantique paper, cut it out and adhered it down using glossy accents. I used Ranger Distress Ink in Vintage Photo to distress the edges...

The sentiment is by Invoke Arts...



I love the 12x12 tag page... I used one of the "ribbon slide" tags here and ran some Maya Road velvet trim through it...



I love to layer I Am Roses flowers... layering on the rose buds adds the perfect touch!





Thanks so much for stopping by the check out my latest projects!

Enjoy the week ahead and happy scrappin'!

hugs!


Supplies:
Graphic 45 Le Romantique
Tim Holtz Ornate Plates
Tim Holz Philisophy Tags
Maya Road Velvet trim
Vintage lace
Sentiment from Invoke Arts

No comments:

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS