Friday, December 10, 2010

Thanksgiving Gatefold Mini Album



Hi everyone! TGIF! :-)

Here's another project I've been working on... I shared this gatefold die-cut album in a previous YouTube video and I decided to use it to make my Thanksgiving mini album. I LOVE my AccuCut and AccuCut dies. Because it's a larger machine than my Sizzix Big Shot, it doesn't limit the possibilities I can have to die cut. My BigShot can only cut die-cuts no bigger than 6x6/6x12. My largest Accucut cutting mat is 15x18, can you imagine! This makes it great for making box favors, layout backgrounds, etc. I love the mini album dies they sell and have a few. I can cut 2-3 different style of mini album pages in one shot, I love it! I've also been collecting (little by little cuz it's quite an investment!) tag and pocket dies and frames. None of which you could find for the BigShot or Cuttlebug.

So before we get into the mini album, I thought I'd answer some of the questions I've been getting about the AccuCut machine. I'm not an AccuCut consultant, nor am I certified on AccuCut products, so if you have specific questions, I recommend speaking with AccuCut Customer care (they are awesome!) This is just my take/feedback on being the proud owner of an AccuCut die-cutting machine. :-)

Which AccuCut machine do you have?
I have the "GrandeMARK."

About how much does a GrandeMARK cost?
It depends. I purchased mine when AccuCut was having a site special. My machine was discounted (can't remember exactly how much) and it came with a couple dies, all the different sizes of cutting mats and more.
Do your Sizzix dies work with the GrandeMARK?
YES! And I love that they do! You can purchase the Tray Adaptor that allows you to use your Sizzix dies with the GrandeMARK.

Do AccuCut dies work with my BigShot or CuttleBug die cutting machines?
Unfortunately, no (unless someone else has managed to make it work.) The AccuCut dies are substantially thicker, wider and bigger than Sizzix dies. They would not fit into the roller feed of a BigShot or CuttleBug.

Does AccuCut create custom dies?
YES they do! I haven't tried the custom die service myself yet, but I've been thinking up a butterfly design I'd like to turn into a die cut. :-)

How do I get more information on AccuCut?
Visit their website at www.accucutcraft.com.

Hope this information helps!

Now onto the gatefold.... hehe! I used the S.E.I. "Windsor" paper collection. I purchased a "Windsor" paper pack at the Scrapbook Expo in 2009. The pack includes 24 sheets of 2 sided paper, coordinating tag/die-cut sheet, brads, large fabric brads, ribbon and buttons. I forgot I had this in my stash and it worked perfectly for my Thanksgiving mini!

Do you know how to create a gatefold mini album? Let me know if a video tutorial would help. It's super easy and super fun! :-)

Check out the YouTube video of this Thanksgiving gatefold mini album HERE.

Thanks for stopping by and have a GREAT weekend! :-)






4 comments:

...Tara... said...

this is gorgeous!!! maybe one day i'll save up money and get that machine. the dies are awesome!! off to watch your video :)

RuthAnn W said...

Gorgeous album Arlene! I've been doing some looking at the AccuCut machine, so I was delighted to see your opinion here. Just pushed me one step closer to making the purchase. Have A Great Weekend and Happy Holidays! RuthAnn

TheLastOfNine said...

Great mini!! How funny to ask if we would like a tutorial from you...of course we would!
Gloria

Marian said...

Wow, beautiful!
Greetings for the Netherlands, Marian. (scrap-mania.blogspot.com)

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS