Monday, August 23, 2010

A Scrapbooker's Tale Crop & Projects


Bona and I attended A Scrapbooker's Tale "Enchanted Crop" on Saturday hosted by Brandy, and I had such a GREAT time. We were laughing for days on end, I was in tears!!! LOL! You can watch the video HERE. I also included a few pics we took down below. Great times. :-)

I completed 2 projects... the first project is an 8x8 canvas I made of me and my Mom. My Mom is my best friend... I'm the only daughter and have 2 brothers... so my Mom and I were always close.

I used the Prima Pistache/Flights of Fancy paper collections... the base is painted with Golden artist grade paints, applied randomly with an old gift card. The trims are by Webster's Pages. I used Tim Holz book corners and flowers from www.iamroses.com. I had the best time creating this canvas. Can't wait to give it to my Mom. :-)

The 2nd project was a challenge I brought to crop. I purchased 2 paper packs of the My Minds Eye Meadow Lark papers - one for Bona, one for me. Luckily the Canon rep was at the crop again, so she let us print up unlimited photos... so we had her print up some pictures we took that night at the crop. The challenge was to use the paper collection I got for us, 5 pictures that we took at the crop... and use whatever embellishments or supplies we brought to crop with us. I included pictures below of the 12x12 layout I made for Bona and the one she made.... at the end, we swapped Layouts so I kept the one she made and she kept the one I made. Super fun! :-)

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week! :-)

hugs,
Arlene

I got to grab a prize from out of the goody bag at crop! Yay! Thanks Brandy!!






This is the layout I created and gave to Bona...


This is the layout Bona created for me...


7 comments:

Marie said...

Looks better than Scrappy Hour :)Love both of your projects!

KeeponScrappin said...

That was so fun Ar! Can't wait til next month. Thank you again for hosting the layout challenge. The pictures were just too funny. TFS!

Dawnll said...

Your canvas is just stunning! I bet your Mom will cry ,I know I would. Sounds like you two had a great time and great layouts you exchanged

Luann said...

Love your layouts. I enjoyed your video. It made me smile. Isn't it great to hang out with a friend doing a thing you both love to do?

Beebeebabs said...

Great layouts thanks for sharing!!!

Taffy said...

beautiful l/o - thanks for sharing!

KraftyBuns said...

These are GORGEOUS!! and Bona is very much missed!!

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS